Thursday, July 14, 2016

Where is your Mama?

I have two children and they are all I need. I love the family I created. To that end, I am not interested in parenting your child unless someone is in imminent danger.  

When I hear children around me using their mouths and words in a way that I wouldn't approve ... I steer clear unless my child is involved. I am more LIBERAL than most and probably tolerate more sass than the typical Montrealer-mom. But I stand by my assertion my children need to defend themselves and be strong. To blossom into problem-solvers and develop the skills necessary to survive in the world. 


But when they can't, I show them how to. That is my job as a parent.  


When children need to be reigned in, a quiet and strong, "Where is your Mama?" stops the nasty words and bullying immediately. The child knows how their parent would react if they heard what the child said. 


These 4 words are MAGICAL. Maybe once the kids are 12 they won't work. But, for now, they do!


No comments:

Post a Comment