Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Zumba Legs

Show up and shut up. Be present. Stop making excuses. Stop doing the things that you NEED to make excuses for.

I am not in optimal shape (I don't want to use the word thin) because I like to eat at the wrong times. The truth is I feel better when I don't eat at all.  Once I start it is every two hours on this new regimented plan. If I keep to the plan, I eat well.  If I don't have enough protein at home or salad, then I deviate. 

By adopting the new tea & lemon water regimen for the past 4 months I took off 15.5 lbs. I have not lost an ounce in the past 2 weeks. Why? I don't move my body enough. The lemon water picks up my metabolism. That helps. This week I have the morning shift with the puppy. First walk is 7:15am. I take the dog for a longer walk at 11am. I should take her for a longer one at 1pm as well - just to move. She doesn't need it but I do. I have hit a plateau. PLATEAU. I hate that word when it relates to weight.

I Zumba'd with the kids during a school fundraiser and couldn't walk for at least 2 days afterward.

"Zumba legs" I said when I wobbled down the stairs.

I did more exercise in one night then in the last 6 months. But it felt good. Great. I have never liked to exercise. I never found these endorphins that really healthy in shape people talk about. Even when I was in shape at 16 I never felt them. I just felt my awesome shapely thighs and loved how I looked in clothes. At Zumba I was sweaty and happy. I felt young and cool and I did it with all the wrong moves. I liked the sweat.

The Zumba scene was interesting. I am not modest and never have been. I am not conservative either. I have always been a people watcher. When the ladies Zumba'd they were really into it. They were focused and in control. The time spent was going to be paid for in sweat (FAME!) The ladies stared at the instructor and moved their bodies in totally immodest ways. In between the songs the ladies would look at one another, chat, giggle, perhaps repeat a move, and then pant in anticipation of the next song. Once the music started again they all refocused. I don't have that type of control or focus but that's okay too. Because I am awesome. I danced and sang along probably (most definitely) too loudly. I just made sure to keep moving. The kids had a great time and we felt good doing it all together.

Now I have to do this again. Or something else. Today when my daughter comes home I am going to try to teach her to ride her new bicycle. That's me. Being present. Trying every day.

I also drank a Ginger-Ale when my stomach hurt after lunch. Then I drank 64 oz if water to flush the sugar away. The Gingle-Ale was awesome. It tasted great and did the trick. The water afterwards made me feel better about my choices. It's a battle.



6 comments:

  1. I think you and I would get along famously.

    Good for you for giving yourself Zumba legs! *high fives*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support. You are my 1st comment. I have arrived!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the support. You are my 1st comment. I have arrived!

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed, I'm not at all group activity friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fair. I believe that you have to make yourself comfortable first. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
    2. That is fair. I believe that you have to make yourself comfortable first. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete