Friday, June 26, 2015

Sore Mermaid

Summer is my season of renewal. The pool has been open for two weeks and I have been there everyday save 2. I started with 10 laps in the pool and everyday I add 1 lap until I can hit 20 laps. I am now there and have completed 2 days at 20 laps. My goal is 40 laps in the same time it takes me to do the original 10. Water aerobics has just begun and I have gone 2 days in a row. I feel the difference in my stomach under my fat. My fat is still there, especially in my stomach, but there is a strength in my stomach. It is almost as if my fat has lifted up - it is more confident. Not sure if that is a good thing? Forcing myself to work out with a better posture helps. When I am jumping in the pool making sure I land flat footed helps.

I am also drinking Chai tea. I thought it would be too spicy but it isn't and it is quite robust.

I have lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks and I earned it. It should have been 4 lbs for the effort but my fat hasn't caught up yet with my efforts. Husband said there is muscle developing. That is good. 

Here the conversation I had with the pretty 18 yo female lifeguard at my pool:

Lifeguard: "You are doing well with the laps. I think you could do more since you are increasing so quickly. You underestimate yourself."

Me: "My legs feel so heavy. I have been committed for 2 weeks and they still feel heavy. I am walking like a old lady."

Lifeguard: "You are building muscle. It is good. How do you feel in the morning?"

Me: "Fine. Will that get better? When will I feel stronger?

Lifeguard: "Yes. It will get better."

Me: "
When I was lazy, which started in 1984 ... my legs felt much lighter. Isn't that strange? The issue is ... it is harder to lift my legs over my head. You know what I mean?"

Lifeguard:  Laughing outrageously. "Yes. I mean no. I don't know."

Me: "Of course you don't. You are young and healthy. I am just saying I like when it is easier to do that."

Lifeguard: "I'm sure you do. But this workout is better."

Me: "No, not really. The workout with the husband after 18 years is better."

Lifeguard: "True. True. Combine all three workout for the most effect possible."

Me: "Are you trying to kill me?"

Lifeguard: "No. I am trying to make you bitchier. You said the smaller the ass .. the bitchier you could be. You are so nice, none of us can figure out what you would be like as a bitch!"

Go Summer GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment