Thursday, July 2, 2015

Kissing my Frenchiest French Friend changed my Karma

I posted a meme of a lazy Polar Bear on FB. My friend, who I call my Frenchiest French Friend (which I say with ALL DUE respect) responded and sent me a small video of a Grizzly Bear climbing a ladder and jumping into the pool. 

Small digression: My Frenchiest French Friend has a luscious French accent when she speaks English. She speaks beautiful English. I have known her for over 3 years and I still do not pronounce her name correctly. I miss about 5-10% of what she says, not because of her accent, (which btw I am totally unable to decipher accents) but because I am fairly convinced that I am almost completely deaf in my left ear at this point. So basically I am screwing myself daily by living in Quebec where everyone speaks French. My Father always said to challenge myself daily with what is hardest for me. Living in Montreal, Quebec with all the French and all the accents leaves me flummoxed daily and fulfills this challenge. 

So where was I?  The Grizzly Bear.

I jokingly responded that she was comparing my grace and style with a Grisly Bear. It certainly wasn't a body hair kinda issue. Which I want to say that she NEVER WAS. I was using my awesome self-deprecating humor to keep the joke going. She said it was for the kids to enjoy.

The next day we are talking and I totally misheard something she was trying to say ... and I might have made fun of her ... who knows ... we all make fun of each other ....

Then ...

Last night during CANADA DAY we sat in the rain and 65F degrees at the pool to root and cheer for the kids at their first swim meet. A huge amount of water falls on me and I am soaked. She remained completely dry in the same front row. She laughs at me and said, "Karma!"

I walk over to her and say, "Do you know what Karma sounds like?"

She says no.

"Ha Ha Ha!" I say, "I better change my Karma" so I lean down and give her a kiss on the lips. 

"I am sure now you did the trick" she says. 

Note: She won the raffle last night after buying $10 worth of tickets that was the length of my arm. I am telling you ALL OUT THERE ... find a lovely french-friend and give her a kiss!

I awoke this morning to having lost 6 pounds in 2.5 weeks while working my A-S-S off for it. I think that kiss helped my fat realize how hard I have been working!

... or it was the Karma ...


No comments:

Post a Comment